This rainbow Halloween craft is perfect for the creative #BISBYgirl! With a little help from mom or dad this craft is rewarding and even makes for a beautiful tablescape. Whether your planning a Fall birthday, Halloween party, or just want to liven up your décor, these rainbow paper pumpkins are an easy yes.
What You’ll Need:
Colored Paper from Astrobrights Paper
22 Gauge Craft Wire
Paper Leaves Templates Here
- Cut your pieces of paper into strips. We used various thicknesses: 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch thick pieces that ranged in length from 6-inches to 11-inches.
- Punch holes in both ends of each strip of paper.
- Cut a piece of wire about 10-inches in length
- Take one strip of paper and thread the wire through the top hole, loop the end of the wire through the hole a second time to secure.
- Thread the remaining strips onto the open end of wire.
- Then thread the bottom of the strips onto the wire through the punched holes. Pull the wire through until you have the pumpkin at the height you want it.
- Take the tale of the wire and wrap it tightly around a pencil into a curly q–this will keep the pumpkin in place and won’t allow it to unravel.
- Spread out the strips to make a circular shape.
- Add a leaf to the top.
For an outfit that’s as colorful as these pumpkins, check out our Lilac Vine’s collection! The Porto Dress in Lilac Vines is everything you could want in a dress. It features piping, ruffles, and gathers for a put together, yet everyday look. Pair it with our bomber jacket in Clementine or Emerald for a warm and stylish outfit.
The Caroline Blouse in Lilac Vines features ruffles at the neckline and gathers at the chest. Its breezy silhouette makes it one of the easiest styles to wear. Pair it with deep greens by matching it with the Porto Pinafore or Circle Skirt in Emerald Velvet. If you’re feeling bright and cheery, match the Caroline Blouse with the Quilted Mini Skirt or Quilted Jumper in Clementine.
We love to see how you style your #BISBYgirl! Send in your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our Instagram story.